Monday, March 9, 2009

Michelle’s two cents

It’s rare for me to express my two cents about an entertainment-related matter, but I felt obliged to say something. I’m sure you’ve read about the Rihanna Chris Brown situation- he allegedly beat her up, she called the cops, and he was officially charged (not convicted) of a felony assault charge.



When I heard that Chris Brown was wanted for assaulting a female, I was shocked. When I heard that the female was Rihanna, I was stunned (BTW, Chris Brown beating up any female is inexcusable). I couldn’t believe that it was true. Then I saw the picture of her badly beaten face and I realized that she was unfortunately the victim of a very serious attack. My heart went out to her.



However, just a few weeks after the allegation was made against Chris Brown, the pair have since “reconciled” (Chris Brown’s court case is still underway) and the two have been seen together.



I don’t want to pass judgment on them, but I think that they both should consider getting counseling instead of acting like the alleged events never took place. If he in fact did beat her, he needs help, if she was beaten, she needs help. For the pair to get back together sends such a terrible conflicting message to not only their fans, but to victims of abuse. It’s not okay for someone to beat you, you didn’t “ask for it” and you don’t deserve it.



I hope that they both get the help that they need.



-Michelle

No comments: