Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Song of the moment



Doesn’t it drive you crazy when you like a song that you have no reason liking? You’re not a fan of the artist, nor the genre, but you astoundingly can’t get enough of the song.



Here’s my dilemma.


Last week I started a new job in a new office, and I am relieved to say I love my new surroundings. It’s a very chill environment and my co-workers have bent over backwards to make me feel very comfortable.  Thanks, guys!


Getting back to the reason for this post, one of my co-workers usually starts her day by logging into her computer, and then finding her fave online radio station. I’m cool with her station of choice because it plays a mix of genres (some old school, r&b, dance and pop), and TONS of top 40.


For part of the day I tune out some of the songs (read: anything too bubblegum and pop-think Justin Bieber), but for some ungodly reason, I’ve been humming along to a song that I’m slightly embarrassed for liking (psst….it could be the fact that the song is played 50 million times a day! LOL).


My normal workday turns into party mode when I hear Ke$ha’s single, Your Love Is My Drug. It’s soooo damn catchy! The lyrics are anything but profound, but my co-worker and I usually perk up and do our little desk dance by our computer screen when it comes on. 

Maybe it'e me, but this song is the epitome of a summer hit single.  It has equal parts happy, fun and complete fluff.  It's so my guilty pleasure.


Not only do I like this song, I’m kinda digging the video.....don’t judge me!

Michelle

No comments: