Friday, December 23, 2011

My early Christmas present

Mark &  Jem on the radio

(Photo credit: Wayne Williams / W2 Images)

I fell in love with radio personalities Mark & Jem aka - the dynamic duo, in 2001.  I thoroughly enjoyed their hilarious banter and outrageous antics on their early morning program – The Morning Rush on that other radio station that shall remain nameless.  I loved the show so much that I sought out Jem (pssst... she’s my bff, okay, in my head that is!) and begged for an interview.  Being the sweetest and nicest person ever, she agreed and I had the pleasure of interviewing her.

For the past 5 years I have waited with bated breath to see Mark and Jem return to radio.  I was always upset that they were abuptly given walking papers from their previous employer in 2006 without informing their very loyal audience as to what happened to our fave hosts.  Even though I knew they were gone from the station, I would tune in periodically and hope and pray that Mark and Jem’s voice would emanate from the radio.

My heartfelt prayers were answered in late November 2011 when I heard that they would bless us all with their new morning radio program on the new station G98.7fm. Soooo happy! 

G 98.7 fm is the first ever Urban Adult Contemporary format serving the Greater Toronto Area, encompassing a broad and mature mix of new and old R&B, Soul, Reggae, Hip Hop, Gospel and Smooth Jazz music.

I tuned into Mark and Jem’s show (Mon- Fri 6am - 10 am) on my morning trek and I fell in love all over again.  They are what the airwaves needed.

This is the best Christmas present ever. Thanks for coming back to radio.


Michelle

No comments: