Sunday, September 27, 2009

Time to accessorize!






I may be a couple of months late for this trend, but it has finally worn me down and I really HAD to get one of those cute dangly chain necklaces. I know that they’ve been in for a while, but I really wanted to get one because they’re incredibly cute and can totally dress up any outfit—even a simple plain t-shirt.


I went to the mall and started my search. I really didn’t want to spend too much on it, especially since I have no idea how long this trend will last. I rather spend a lot of money on something that that I know will be around a lot longer.


My first stop was Dynamite. I usually shop there for jewelry because I tend to find a lot pieces at a great price. I did manage to find a nice simple silver dangly necklace within minutes of walking into the store. The fab necklace was only $12.00! I was soo exited I almost bought it on the spot, but I wanted to see what the other stores had to offer. So I made my way to Le Chateau.


I adore the jewelry selection at Le Chateau. They have everything that you could possibly want and they cater to women of all ages. Everything from super trendy to simple and elegant.


I studied the jewelry section until something caught my eye. I saw a blingalicious necklace that I really wanted to own, but it was a whopping $22.95!? I wasn’t feelin’ the price tag, so I put it back on the hook and headed straight to Ardene.


As soon as I walked in, I saw a sign on the wall that read, “3/$15”. Basically, anything on the wall was 3 for 15 bucks! Woo hoo! You couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. It was virtually impossible to leave empty handed. The price point and the selection were insane!


The first piece that I picked up was a silver multi-strand necklace with a patch of black strands. It actually reminded me of a necklace that I saw Rihanna rocking in a photo. So you know it had to be hot! Cool, one down two more to go! Then I saw a long, gold chain with interlocking hoops that looked ridiculous…in a good way! I envisioned myself wearing a plunging neckline and donning this in-you-face necklace. I soooooo had to get it. So I picked it up and started the search for the last necklace to add to my collection.


Okay, the last one took a while to find. After a few minutes (which actually felt like eternity), I found a shiny silver necklace that was adorned cute chain links. I took all three necklaces to the cashier, paid for them and pranced merrily out of the store. I was sooo happy with my purchase. I basically got all three necklaces for the price of one! Even with the tax, it came up to $17!? Okay, I am the bargain diva! Holla!


-Michelle




No comments: