Thursday, September 17, 2009

Beauty 411

Drugstore Beauty


I actually like makeup, but my application skills.....well, that’s another story. I normally slap on a gold tone eye shadow to my lids, brush on some mascara, and I’m good to go. If I’m feeling particularly adventurous, I’ll blend in a dark colour to add some pizzazz to my peepers!


On my day off from work I found myself at Walmart (yes, the fun never stops!), and I perused the makeup aisle. I was actually on the hunt for green eye shadow. I saw an advertisement with Rihanna wearing a cute combo of green and beige eye shadow, and I was hell-bent on finding that colour quad. Advertising works, eh!


I walked over to the Covergirl section and I found the eye shadow combo that I saw in the magazine. I liked the colour but decided not to get it because it didn’t quite complement my skin tone. I walked a little further down and I spotted Emerald Smokes—a green eye shadow quad from Maybelline. I liked the selection of khaki and dark green, but wondered what it would look like on my skin. I decided to get it because it was only 6.97!


When I got ready for work the next morning, I opted to debut my new eye shadow. I read the easy to follow instructions on the back of the quad. It didn’t take long to apply.....and grrls, my eyes looked FIERCE!! My eyes appeared wider and completely refreshed. It was exactly what I’ve been looking for.



Michelle



No comments: