Friday, July 27, 2012

The Mullet dress


the mullet hairstyle
Who would have ever thought that the words mullet and dress would go together?  But believe me, they do!

I first heard the term "mullet dress" months ago from Kelly Osbourne on the outrageously catty TV show Fashion Police. I thought it was an interesting way to describe a style of dress, but it kinda made sense.

A mullet dress or skirt is cut shorter in the front and longer in the back - named after a very tacky 80s hairstyle (think John Stamos, MacGyver, Duran Duran etc.).

A couple weeks ago I went with a friend to Winners to see if they had any new fashions in.  I saw a few dresses that I liked, but I told myself that I needed to practise some restraint and only buy one.  So I opted for a cute, sexy, clingy purple dress that would be perfect for a night out.

The Cost: $29.99
Although I was very happy with my super sexy dress, I still thought about the dress I left behind.  Should I get it? Do I need it?  After some serious contemplation, my greed won in the end and I bought the dress 3 days later.

I will admit that I have a dress quite similar to this, but I felt I needed this teal and white striped stunner as it was a little dressier than the casual one I bought at Old Navy. 

I actually love that it is slightly longer in the back. I won’t unwittingly flash anyone on a windy day or when I am running up a flight of stairs. So there's a practical side to this dress. See, there was a valid reason why I bought it! LOL.

What are some of your fave summer purchases?

Michelle

No comments: