Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happygrrl on the town


I had a great Saturday night, which inevitably rolled into Sunday morning.

My evening started off by attending the Curly Soiree presented by the blog I Heart My Hair.  It was an informal conference educating women on natural hair care, hair products, and healthy living.  



I enjoyed it as I was surrounded by curlies with big and small afros. Very funky!  I loved every minute of it.

I took this pic of some Afro art. Love it!


After the event, a few curlies and I decided to grab a bite to eat and then check out Nuit Blanche- Toronto's free, city-wide sunset-to-sunrise celebration of contemporary art.  I must admit that although I have lived in Toronto all my life, this was the first time I have attended the event. * Blushing with shame*





It was cool to see everyone joining in the festivities of the night and taking in some art (okay, some of it I didn’t understand, but whatever!). 

Check out some of the installations.


Did you attend any of these events?  Let me know what you thought. Email me at michelle[at]Happygrrls.com




Michelle

2 comments:

Anya said...

Hi Michelle thank you sooooo much for writing about the event, glad you came out to the event and that you enjoyed it! Hopefully next time we can talk for a bit.

happygrrls said...

Your welcome, Anya. I loved looking at all the natural hairstyles. Very inspiring.