Monday, March 18, 2013

My colour of the moment: Green



 
I love colour.  The more vibrant it is, the happier I am. 

I enjoy incorporating a splash of colour in everything I wear.  It can be anything from wearing a brightly coloured necklace to wearing neon fuchsia lipstick (psst…I’m currently gushing over CoverGirls’s Divine and Spellbound lipsticks. They are attention getters!).  I crave colour. 

Although I have affection for all hues, my current fascination is with the colour green.

Green is such a happy, spring-y colour.  I love it, but it’s not the easiest colour for me to wear.   Darker greens are a little harsh and can make me look like shrubbery, and subtle greens tend to make me look a little nauseous—not a hot look!  So I’ve had to try on a myriad of shades to find the ones that look the nicest on me.

Not your grandma’s dress!

About a month ago, I bought a very ladylike, mint-green lace dress (courtesy of Winners- $49.99).  At first look, I thought it was too dainty and old-fashioned for me to even think of trying on, but something about it kept calling out to me.  After wandering around the store FOREVER, I eventually picked it up and took it to the fitting room with the rest of my potential purchases. 

Guess what happened? I loved it (yep, I realize this happens every time I try on something I originally don’t like! lol). 

The colour is refreshingly mellow, but not too muted.  It wasn’t just the pastel colour that sealed the deal for me—I loved the way the dress fit my body.  The dress may look shapeless, but I filled it out!   I love how it felt and looked like it was made for me.  Such a great buy!

BTW, I didn’t buy this dress for any particular reason, but I am sooo glad I did.

Intuitive, Lush Cream Eye Shadow

I was given Intuitive –a yellowy green cream eye shadow from Lush, which is a part of their Emotional Intelligence line.   It wasn’t a flashy green tint that I was expecting, but I thought I’d give it a try.

As stated above, Intuitive is a cream based eye shadow, so it took a few tries before I got the hang of applying it properly (yes, I’m prob the only female alive that hasn’t used a cream based eye shadow before!).

Once I applied it and rubbed it in correctly, it looked great on my dark brown eyes. It didn’t apply a lot; just enough for me to see how the colour worked on my eyes.  I can definitely see myself wearing it alone, or adding some blue shadows to spice it up for night time.


Not A Cloud In Sight, L’Oreal Nail Polish

Okay, technically this nail polish is blue, but it has some green and yellow overtones. This purchase was me being frivolous, but come on, this colour is cute, no? I couldn't resist it! lol



So what are your current purchases?  Leave a comment here or send an email to michelle [at] happygrrls.com


Michelle
 

No comments: