Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Arsenio Hall – Don’t call it a comeback!



Guess who’s back to late night?  Yes, the one and only Arsenio Hall.  I would have never thought in a million years that he would be back on late night television after his ground breaking show ended in 1994. 

Back in the day Arsenio was the man!  He was cool, relatable and was way more hip than the average talk show host.  Arsenio was the voice-....an “urban” (y’all know what urban means!) voice of a generation.

I’m not gonna lie, it did take me a while to get back into his show. When I started watching it, it felt too 90s for me. Like it was stuck in a weird time warp.  I felt like 90s celebs clad in gigantic overalls would sit on his couch and use tons of 90s slang. Thankfully, that never happened!

But after watching a recent episode, I realized the relevance of is show. Again, he is speaking to an audience that is not represented on late night television. I do love Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon, but Arsenio has certain guests that I know won’t get any airtime on any other show.

It’s been 20 years, but welcome back to late night TV, Arsenio!


Michelle

No comments: