Sunday, September 28, 2008

Beauty 411

Mascara: Which brand works the best?

I’m a little biased when it comes to mascara. There are essentially only 2 brands that I consistently run to when I want my eyes to take center stage (Clinique High Impact Mascara and Lancôme Definicil High Definition Mascara). But I thought that I would fulfill my blogger duties and try a few other brands to see how they fare.

The Body Shop: Super Volume Mascara
My product savvy sis loves mascara and informed me that The Body Shop had a good, affordable product. Sin
ce she is “the connoisseur of beauty products”, I trusted her judgment and went out to buy it.

I wore it a few times and I liked the way it looked. My eyes stood out and I didn’t need to put a lot of product on for it to be noticeable. Since I have short, thin lashes, I looove anything to that gives them an extra boost
. The Super Volume Mascara definitely delivered on their promise.

Urban Decay: Big Fatty
With a na
me like Big Fatty, I expect a lot from this mascara. I expect long, flirty, whimsical lashes that will capture any suitor’s eye. Okay, perhaps they can’t do all that, but I do anticipate having super long lashes.

I wore it one day to work and it didn’t really have a dramatic appea
rance. It looked like I was wearing my everyday mascara, not anything special. I wore it a few more times and applied tons of product to my lil lashes, just to give it one more chance. It still looked just okay.

This mascara is fine, but promising big fat lashes and not delivering—not good!

Yves Saint Laurent: Volume Mascara Effet Faux Cils
Even though this is a luxury brand, I still had no idea how it would look. Sometimes higher priced items a
re just that…and not necessarily the better product.

However, with just one teeny, tiny stroke, I was able to see that this was a great product. My lashes were elongated and looked hot! I didn’t have to put much on to have beautiful mysterious eyes.

It didn’t get clumpy and it virtually took seconds to apply. This mascara will be added to my “gotta-have” list.

Hope that helps you find a mascara that meets your needs…I know I did!

michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love that ysl mascara too!