Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fashion: My colour of the moment

My colour for summer is yellow. It is so fresh, vibrant and cheery. I’m completely drawn to anything and everything sunshine hued.

On one of my weekly shopping jaunts to Winners, I timidly popped over to the shoe section. I almost never go in that section because I never find anything for my size 9 feet. But on that day, I was feeling particularly hopeful so I checked out the semi-stocked shelves. My eyes spied a bright yellow pair of flats. Side bar: I love flats but I’m a short grrl, and I like to wear shoes with a bit of height. I did like the shoe, but I hemmed and hawed over the fact that they weren’t platforms or wedges, so I put them back down.


I went to Winners two weeks later and I saw the same pair of shoes I saw previously, so I tried them on. Grrrls, I fell in love. Damn, they looked good on me! They added that little bit of colour that I really wanted. I picked them up quickly so no one would get their grubby little hands on them! Yes, I get a little psycho when I see something I like. This fab pair of shoes was only $29.99. Score one for me!

Update: I’ve worn this pair of shoes at least 10 times since I made this purchase, and I always get compliments.

I’m not a major purse person. I, unlike my sister, don’t own an ungodly amount of purses and bags. It’s kinda sad because I basically use just one (gasp!) for every occasion.

But I was on a mission to buy a cute purse for the summer season. I looked for ages. I saw purses that were okay....but I wanted something fun. Something that made people stop me on the street and say, “hey, I really like your bag!” Okay, not really, but you know what I mean!

On yet another shopping trip to Winners (I have been shopping at Winners a lot lately!), I saw a citrusy coloured bag. There were a plethora of yellow bags, but this one spoke to me.

It’s a medium sized, non-leather bag with a braid design on the front. I picked it up and it just felt right in my arms. I totally needed a moment alone with the bag!

After posing in the mirror with the bag for about 5 minutes, I decided to pay. Buying the bag was a no brainer. It met the requirements—it was yellow, looked cool and was the perfect size.

My new go-to bag cost $29.99. Yay for me!





-michelle


No comments: