Friday, April 2, 2010

Beauty 411




It colour palette

I don’t paint my nails often. They always seem to chip so easily. Seriously, I can simply glance at my nails and the paint will start to peel. Hence why I sport naked (a.k.a boyish) nails!

But for reasons unknown to me, I have inexplicably signed up to receive weekly e-mails from Essie . They inform me about the hottest trends in nail colour. I usually skim through the e-mail and then quickly press the delete button. But their last few e-mails have seemed to grab my attention. Instead of showing harsh garish colours like navy blue, black or the Incredible Hulk-ish green that I saw in seasons past, their spring collection consists of genteel, soft, pastel colours which I like. (*I’m even partial to their Wedding Collection)

I love their series of girly pinks, delicate lilacs, and baby blues. Those are the hues that I usually gravitate towards, so I was happy to know that they were en vogue.

Not one to be easily swayed(okay, that’s a total lie!), the Essie e-mails eventually got to me and I went out and bought myself a bottle of lavender nail enamel. Wore it this past week, got a few nice comments and planned to buy some more. Thanks for the e-mail, Essie!

Michelle

No comments: