Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What song reminds you of summer 2010?



Everybody knows that today (psst...the first day of school) sadly marks the end of summer madness. *tears streaming down cheek*


I haven’t been in school for a long time, but I too get a little blue at the beginning of September. Summer brings a sense of excitement, sunny days and good old fashioned fun with friends. And on the flip side, fall signals bad weather and doing hours and hours of homework. Who wouldn’t be depressed? LOL!


But what pulls me out of my fall funk is when I happen to hear a song that makes me think of the 2 months of summery bliss.


My song of the summer for 2010 was released towards the end of the season, but it totally captures the euphoric feeling of summer.


The song that reminds me of summer is....... Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream (California Gurls from Katy is also very summer-ish, but that song got really annoying after 5 listens!).




I chose Teenage Dream because it evokes the carefree, invincible feeling every teenager feels when they’re not in school. You spend your days and nights at the beach living it up with your friends (okay, just substitute the beach for the mall!) and life is good.


This song also recalls the summer romances that may have only lasted mere weeks, but felt like it was the best moment ever!


Teenage Dream gets me singing and thinking about my carefree days as a teenager. Man, this song gets me every time! Check the video here


What’s your song of the summer?

1 comment:

patryusha said...

Calvin Harris - U use to hold me. :)