Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Deal Of The Month


In late April and early May, I set out to buy a birthday gift for one of my BFFs, but I had the hardest time trying to find something for her. I looked for a nice handbag, a signature perfume, even a fancy wallet—anything to show my bestie that she’s very much appreciated. I looked for weeks in every mall imaginable but I always came home empty handed. A wise shopper once told me, that you should never plan to shop for someone else, because you’ll wind up buying something for yourself.


Okay, so the wise shopper wasn’t totally off. On my last attempt to shop for my friend, I found something that screamed my name!! Sorry, girl!


I really wasn’t planning on making a purchase, but after quickly dropping by Smart Set, I took sight of a candy coloured coral bib necklace hanging on a rack. (pssst... they are all the rage for summer 2010!)


I thought to myself, I’m not shopping for myself today, so I should continue to look for something for my friend. But for some reason I couldn’t take my eyes off of the necklace.


I felt guilty for thinking of getting something for myself, so again I continued to look around the store trying desperately to find something that would be perfect for my friend......and of course I found nothing.




I finally gave in, put the necklace on the counter and told the sales person that I had to have it.


Turns out my must-have necklace was on sale for $6.00, down from $14.00, so I felt even better about the purchase.


I did end up finding something for my friend a week later, but I think buying the necklace for myself was a wise decision, no? LOL

-Michelle

No comments: