Sunday, May 17, 2009

Beauty 411


Dollars and scents...

Marc Jacobs' Daisy is the most fabulous scent ever created. I have habitually spritzed it on every day ever since I bought it 365 days ago! Can you tell that I absolutely adore it?


About a month ago, I noticed that my beloved bottle of Daisy was coming to an end. I wanted to buy it, but I thought that I should look into buying something a little more economical (ahem, cheaper), and possibly find another signature scent.


When I was doing some shopping at Jacob, I noticed a nice luxuriant scent lingering in the store. The sales girl noticed my perplexed look and told me that it was a scent exclusive to the store. She sprayed a little on a piece of paper for me to try. Hmmm, I liked the way it smelled. It didn’t have a floral bouquet, and it wasn’t as light as I would prefer, but something about the perfume intrigued me.


I pondered buying it for a well over a month (I’m insanely indecisive!). After having a huge dinner with one of my best friends, we decided to visit a nearby mall to walk off some of the calories. I told him that I wanted to go to Jacob because I was considering buying the perfume. He agreed and we went. I sniffed the perfume again and detected an overwhelming masculine overtone. It still smelled good, but it was a little different from what I remembered. I asked my friend to smell it and he said that it smelled like something he wears. THAT should have been my first red flag!


Even though it smelled like something that a man would wear, I was thinking (hoping) that it would react differently with my body chemistry. So I bought it.


I wore it to work for about a week to get a feel for the potential new signature scent. I must confess; I don’t like this perfume! It’s alright, but it’s not as dainty as I would have preferred. It was a little too macho for me to handle.


So after smelling like a guy for well over a week, I gave in and spent my hard earned money on a Daisy gift set. It cost a little more but now I am a happy, sweet smelling grrl again!


Michelle


No comments: