Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Will I ever shop at Joe Fresh again?



I have asked myself this question numerous times following the tragedy in Bangladesh. 

If you follow my blog, or if you know me, I am a HUGE Joe Fresh shopper.I’ve bought everything from dresses, jackets, cosmetics and pyjamas.  I love that the clothing is chic, cheap, and very wearable.

After hearing about the tragic building collapse in Bangladesh where hundreds of textile workers perished making clothes for major companies like Joe Fresh, I needed to think long and hard to see if I could continue to support them.

I decided that I would still support them. It wasn’t an easy decision, but I liked and appreciated that they have come forward and addressed the catastrophe as well as devised ways that they can provide safe working conditions going forward. Loblaws, the owner of Joe Fresh, has created a relief fund for victims and families to provide support now and in the future.

Some might say that it is a little too late, but at least they are being held accountable for their actions. Honestly, I hope and pray that they stick to their word. Only time will tell.


Michelle

No comments: