Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Product Review: Olive & Olives Extra Virgin Olive Oil


I don’t really do food reviews (except for restaurant reviews), but I was sent a beautiful bottle of olive oil and I thought it was time to widen my range of blog entries.

I received Olive & Olives 8 Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil – an olive oil made in Spain using Hojiblanca olives, and I was excited about trying it out. I’m no foodie, but I wanted to see if this product differed from the run of the mill olive oil that I buy at my local supermarket.

I can definitely say that the smell of this oil is stronger, more olive-y, and pungent.  It smells like olive oil, but it has a more intense earthy smell.

I used it to make flavourful vinaigrettes, sauté a myriad of veggies, and I even used it in my hair for an oil treatment (yes, I am very resourceful!).

Overall, I liked the olive oil and I look forward to using every last drop! 


Michelle

No comments: