Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What I did on my summer 2012 vacay


Well, it had to happen....summer has sadly come to an end.  It totally flew by soooo quickly, eh?  Before you know it, we’ll be shovelling snow! #scary


This summer was considerably different for me from previous summer holidays. I had a lot more time to hang with my friends, and I was able to do things I wouldn’t normally have the time to do.  Take a look at my summer 2012.


Food Truck Revolution


Food trucks hit the T. Dot in a huge way and I was all over it.  I was sooo excited to sample the culinary concoctions and feast on deep fried fare.


I was able to try a handful of trucks (anymore and I would need to detox for a month) and I completely fell in love with the fries from the #Gourmet Bitches truck.  Take a look at the pic.  Aren’t they scrumptious? 


Street Festivals


Street festivals definitely make you feel like you’re not in Toronto anymore.  They are usually cultural, and offer you a sneak peek into a different way of life. I was able to attend Samba on St. Clair and Brazil Fest.  Amazing, passionate music. 


Tutoring

Summer wasn’t all play. I had to do some “work’.  I was lucky enough to tutor a couple visiting from Italy. They wanted to improve their English skills, and asked if I could help them. So for 2 weeks I held conversation tutoring sessions all over the city. It was awesome and soooo much fun. As much as they learned from me, I learned an immense amount about life from them.  Thanks Marina and Paolo!!  We’ll always have Harbourfront (inside joke!)


Let’s go to the Ex


Okay, what would summer be without making the trek to the Canadian National Exhibition, aka The Ex, eating a corn dog and walking around in the blazing hot sun for about 7 hours? 


I spent the day at the Ex with family and I literally turned into a kid again.  I didn’t go on any of the rides, but just seeing them brought me back to when I used to be soooo excited and terrified to go on them.  Good times. 


I go on record saying that the Ex has the best corn dogs.  Period!  Biting into one was the highlight of the day!  Sad, but true! LOL


Fave summer moment


My bestie (Christine) and I went to the Kelly Clarkson concert!  That.was.so.freaking.fun!  Toronto was her only Canadian stop, so we were extremely lucky to see her.

 
Our seats were in the nose bleed section, but that didn’t bother me at the least. I got to see one of my fave singers belt out her songs.  


Kelly gave such a wonderful show. She sang her classics- Behind These Hazel Eyes (my personal fave), My Life Would Suck Without You, a song from Canadian crooner, Michael Buble, and sang some of her newest songs- Stronger(What Doesn’t Kill You).


It was great night filled with amazing music (BTW, Kelly sounds great live) and fun time spent with my BFF.
I will always remember summer 2012.
Michelle

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I so like the food trucks and haven't seen one yet on my journeys downtown. I missed the event for the food trucks here and hope that it won't be the last time they're in T.O.