Monday, January 21, 2013

How To Update Your Winter Wardrobe



Have you noticed that spring clothing is slowly creeping into stores while bulky winter fashions are severely discounted and on its way out?  I don’t know, maybe it’s me, but I find it incredibly difficult to buy spring clothing when there’s snow piled high on the sidewalks and the thermostat reads -25C.  Just saying.



But when I want to freshen up an outfit in the in-between seasons, I usually purchase some accessories.  This time around I didn’t go the usual route and buy a bunch of necklaces; I decided to purchase a couple of scarves to upgrade my look. 



The Infinity Scarf



I bought a thick, sunny hued infinity scarf from Purple Cloth Creations (psst....she’s a super talented artist who has made tons of scarves, hats and hair accessories).  Honestly, it took one look and I knew I had to have it. The colour was sooo vibrant and cheerful that it almost made me forget that it was wintertime....okay, I can’t forget, but you know what I mean. lol



all bundled up in my super warm scarf!
Since this scarf is very thick and warm, I wouldn’t necessarily wear it with an outfit.  I chose to wear it with my winter coat on those blustery days when you want some added warmth.



kickin' it casual with my less bulky scarf
The other scarf is a thin, grey and black zebra printed scarf.  It’s great! It’s not too bulky so I can wear it with a blazer, a cardigan and even a casual dress.  This scarf is very versatile.



I normally stay far away from scarves because I don’t have a long neck, but the scarves look great on me. I can adjust the length so I don’t look and feel swallowed up by the scarf.



What are some of your new winter purchases?



Michelle




No comments: