Sunday, February 3, 2013

Millionaire Artist Workshop





"Hi, my name is Michelle and I am a writer/blogger".  That is how I began my day at Trey Anthony’s Millionaire Artist Workshop.



I’ve written about her workshop before, but I didn’t attend. I was too lazy to attend, too scared to attend.  So why did I attend this time around?  Well, I wanted to attend...I needed to attend.  I chose to attend.



The Millionaire Artist Workshop is a 5+ hour workshop created by the ingenious Trey Anthony.  It was designed to help artists—writers, actors, photographers etc., affirm their skills and work toward fulfilling their goals.



If there was something I was meant to do, it was to attend this workshop. Even though I consider myself a writer, I don’t write nearly enough.  Seriously.  I love writing and being a part of the creative process, but I let a lot of things get in my way of working on my craft (Read: fear, job obligations and just plain laziness!).  Hearing Trey’s as well as her panel guests (Cindy Ashton, Denise Bukowski, Oluniké Adeliyi and Shannon Skinner) speak about their long journey and the roadblocks that they were faced with, made me feel inspired.  They all let the audience know that if you want something bad enough, you CAN achieve it.



I am pretty certain that Trey will have another workshop.  If you are an artist or anyone who wants a little help and direction to attain your goals, then I highly suggest that you attend.  I am eternally grateful to Trey for having this workshop.  I really needed it. Thanks a bunch, Trey!



Michelle

2 comments:

John Robinson Jr. said...

Hi Michelle,

It was great seeing you at the 'Millionaire Artist Workshop'. Our energy has always been great together ever since our radio days. I enjoyed the workshop very much, however my favourite part was at the end when you empowered me by telling me with conviction that I will get published. I appreciated that more than you know. I know everything you desire will come true as well, and I'm rooting for you. Talk to you soon. Your good friend, John--

happygrrls said...

Thanks for the comment, John. It was amazing seeing you too! Like I said, I know you will do everything that you can to be successful. Your passion and drive is powerful. I can't wait to read your book when it gets published.

p.s. I miss our radio days too! : )