Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happygrrl entrepreneur


Usually Christine and I write about a fascinating new person we recently became aware of, but this time around, the fab new person is me.


Okay, that sounds a little too egotistical; what I really wanted to write was that this post is about my latest hobby.


For years I’ve had the desire to learn how to make jewellery. I talked about it over and over with friends and I finally decided to take my interest to the next level and actually take a class. I signed up for a beginner jewellery making class in late summer 2008, and I learned how to create a simple beaded bracelet, a beaded necklace and a pair of dangly earrings.


Since that 3 hour workshop, I’ve become hooked on making jewellery! As soon as I come home from my j-o-b, I run to my bedroom, sit on the floor and look at all my wonderful beads and think of all the fantastic things I would like to create.


For the past couple of months I’ve made dozens of bracelets and necklaces. I started out with simple designs, and worked my way up to more intricate pieces.


I absolutely love my new hobby! I love it so much that it has become my not-so secret side project. I shamelessly promote it to all my friends, and to their friends, and so on and so on…. I also plan on showcasing them at local craft shows in the spring.


But before my jewellery is hanging off the necks of everyone you know, feel free to take a look at some of my pieces. If you would like more info, please feel free to e-mail me at michelle@happygrrls.com, or at michelledesigns08@yahoo.ca.




Thanks!


Michelle


No comments: