Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year: A look back at 2010


2010: Year in Review
 

I love the beginning of a new year because it gives me a chance to reflect on the past 365 days. And my fave part of looking back is reflecting on the songs and artists that made the year special.



Here’s a short list of the songs that made 2010 memorable.


Teenage Dream, Katy Perry
This has become one of my all time fave songs. Serious. Say what you will about Katy Perry, but she has created an awesome youth anthem.


Find Your Love, Drake
I love practically all of Drake’s songs (it was very difficult to choose just one for this list!), but this song is my favourite. Not only is the song hot, but the tropical setting for the video ups its sexy factor!


OMG, Usher f/ will.i. am
This high energy single is great for getting your dance on in the club or getting your sweat on in the gym. OMG came out earlier this year, but has yet to leave my playlist.


Telephone, Lady Gaga f/Beyonce
Awesome song and equally entertaining video. Gaga owned 2010!


Grenade, Bruno Mars
A tormented love song? How could I not love it. J’adore Bruno Mars.


Bullet Proof, La Roux
This isn’t a song that I would normally listen to, but I have to admit, this bubbly dance track is so catchy and infectious, it’s damn near impossible to ignore. I love the 80s vibe and techno feel. This song reminds me of the summer of 2010.


Only Girl In The World, Rihanna
Thankfully Rihanna released this upbeat song. Her last CD was a little depressing (remember the song, Russian Roulette?) and I was actually questioning if I would ever like another Rihanna track. Luckily Only Girl In The World was released and I have remained a Rihanna fan.


Your Love, Nicki Minaj
What Nicki lacks in talent, she more than makes up with her wildly fascinating personality and creativity. She took an almost forgotten Annie Lennox track and retooled it to create one of the hottest songs of the year. Shout-outs to Lil X for the riveting video!


Monday Morning, Melanie Fiona
After listening to the song just once at work, I fell in love. It’s a melange of Motown-esque orchestration with a hint of reggae. Her raspy soulful voice blows all the wannabe songtresses out of the water. She’s def my fave new artist of the year.

I Invented Sex, Trey Songz
Okay, the title is a little raunchy and boastful, but it really is a great r&b song(ahem, baby making song!). On this track, Trey lets his woman know that he’s that good, that it’s like he invented sex. Daaaam!

Thanks for reading my list. What do ya think? What were some of your fave songs for 2010?


-Michelle

No comments: