Monday, October 1, 2012

Hot Looks For Fall 2012

Fall is the most important time of the year for me to buy clothing.  Don’t get me wrong, I do love dressing for summer weather as I can dress in lighter fabrics and rock dresses 24/7.  But since I dwell in a country that has 4 seasons (it feels more like 2 sometimes:  summer and winter. LOL), fall and winter clothing make up a huge part of my wardrobe.  So inevitably, fall becomes my fave time to shop-til-I-drop!

Before I head out to buy some snazzy new garments, I need to know what will be hot for Fall 2012.  Here’s a quick rundown on the must haves for this season.  Have fun shopping!

PEPLUM

The Peplum from Le Chateau
Okay, who wouldn’t feel sexy in a peplum dress or top that nips you in at the waist and creates a va-va-voom hourglass figure?  Yep, that’s definitely on my must have list.

BRIGHT COLOURS

It’s great to see such vibrant hues creeping into fall.  Black and grey are nice, but nothing makes my mood cheerier than donning colours like yellow, green, red and orange.  Perhaps I’ll try a brightly coloured pair of skinny jeans......!
Old Navy Jeans

BURGUNDY

Bright hues are on trend, but deep, rich burgundies are en vogue as well.


You can drape yourself in this sultry colour, or you can paint your pretty pout with this robust tint.  That’s right, red lips are flirtatious, but wine coloured lips are downright mysterious!


MILITARY JACKET


Burberry jacket
This is such a fall staple.  Every year, as soon as there is a chill in the air, military jackets seem to reappear.  I have no problems with that. I love this style of jacket which to me comes off more chic than utilitarian. 

LEATHER

There is no other fabric that smells sooo good and looks sooo good (yes, I have a thing for leather!).
jacket from Zara
Leather is not solely reserved for jackets.  Delicately constructed tops, shirts and even dresses are fashioned into works of art this season.  You don’t need to go totally edgy, but find a style that reflects your personality. 



PRINTS

Floral  

If you are lamenting over the end of summer, why not wear a floral print to ease your pain?  Floral printed clothing may seem apropos for summer, but wearing a floral top under a cardi or jacket will make you fall ready. 

Animal

Okay, has animal prints ever been out of style?  It is a perennial favourite and seems to crop up in every season.  I don’t mind, as I am a sucker for snakeskin and leopard print.

Patterns

Solange Knowles

Herringbone, polka dots, etc....wearing an eye catching pattern will garner you the attention you want. 

KNEE HIGH BOOTS

Love, love, love, love knee high boots.  Although I am a shorty, I cannot go without my knee high boots for fall.  I usually pair it with skinny jeans, or a long hip hugging dress.  This is my go to outfit for the season which works well into winter.
Be sure to e-mail me at michelle[at]happygrrls.com to let me know what you will be rocking this fall.

Michelle

No comments: