Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Toronto Bead Fair



At the moment, I have a few fun hobbies.  I occasionally sing with my friend’s eclectic band (honestly, it’s strictly for fun on my part. I can’t sing!!), I write (scratch that, it’s not a hobby, it’s my therapy), and I dabble in making jewelry.

It’s been some time since I picked up some beads and fashioned them into anything extraordinary, but when a friend asked if I would accompany her to the Bead Fair, I said yes!

The Toronto Bead Fair is being held at the Toronto Reference Library and runs from November 3rd to November 4th. * Today is the last day to catch it!

When we walked into the venue around 12:30pm, we saw that the place was bustling with vendors as well as other eager crafters.  It was stimuli overload for me as I had to look at and touch every exotic looking bead. Lol!

My craftier and more knowledgeable friend was excited with the abundance of beads and bead related items.  Some of her enthusiasm rubbed off on me and I ended up buying a few things for projects I hope to finish. (psst, I bought some gold tone beads, two ring holders, a silver bracelet to adorn, and a pendant holder to place any picture I like to create a unique piece of jewelry).  



We spent about 3 ½ hours at the show. When we left the show we wandered into at an accessories store that I used to shop at ages ago.  Funny enough, we saw tons of necklaces and bracelets that we know we can make.  Kinda inspired us to go home and attack our bag of crafty goodies.  Don’t worry; I’ll post pics of my creations!


Michelle
 

2 comments:

Ashley Alexis McFarlane said...

I went to the bead fair too! Lol. Thought I was the only one. Are you going to the gem expo at the Hyatt Nov 23-25?

Found your blog via The Curley Soiree post on I Heart My Hair.

Check me out at www.asikereafana.com

:)

happygrrls said...

Thanks for your comment! Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed the Bead Fair. I will try to make it to the Gem expo. My friend definitely wants to go. LOL!