Friday, December 21, 2012

Untitled



I rarely comment on events that happen in the news.  Not because I don’t find them interesting; it’s just that my blog takes on a light-hearted, not-so-serious vibe.

But after hearing about the events that happened a week ago, I felt that I needed to write about the tragic loss. I needed a week to be able to gather my thoughts and write something.

I found out about the horrific school shooting at work after I came back from my lunch break.  I read about it online and I proceeded to tell one of my co-workers.  We both read in horror and absolute disbelief about the senseless crime that was committed earlier that day.

When I came home I watched the news and got more information about what had transpired.  I thought to myself – I don’t know how anyone.... any human could be so heartless, cruel and selfish to shoot innocent children and adults and his own mother.  Why did he gun them down?

Poor defenseless children were ripped from their parents’ arms for no good reason.  My heart bleeds for them. 

Over the next few days, I watched more news footage about the children that lost their lives, the heroic teacher who shielded her students from gunfire, and for the principal who lost her life for trying to protect her school.  I tried like hell to fight back the tears. I wasn’t always successful.

I’m not a parent yet, but I am a devoted aunt and a loving caring person, who feels for the Newtown community.  My heart bleeds for them.  Nothing we say, or write can bring back their bundles of joy.

All I wanted to do was to let them know that they are in my hearts and in my prayers. 

-Michelle

No comments: