Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Nicki on American Idol



Yes, I too got caught up in the Nicki vs Mariah ish. So much so that I started watching American Idol again after I stopped tuning in 7 years ago. (BTW, my fave winner ever......Kelly Clarkson)  I  felt compelled to watch after all the drama concerning Nicki hating on Mariah.  I had to see if the media blew the beef between the two divas out of proportion.



Well the verdict is out - Nicki and Mariah really hate each other. Like. Seriously.



To be fair, that's just my humble opinion. But there is some undeniable tension between them. They do not sit, look or even talk to each other. It’s as if they don't exist in each other’s world. So very mean girls.



But besides that cattiness, Nicki seems to have done a major 180 degree change as a judge.  I remember her being sweet and reassuring in the audition round with all the singers.  She made them feel comfortable, built up their confidence and helped them shake their nervousness.  Now she verbally sucker punches them if they make a poor song choice or if their nerves get in the way. She has definitely unleashed the wild beast, known as Roman!



I liked Nicki before the show—loved her music and crazy personality but I can't quite figure out why the American Idol execs thought she would make a good judge. She's still relatively new to the game and clearly not someone who can encourage the singers. Hopefully she'll lighten up and give the poor kids a break. 


Michelle
 

No comments: