Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ask Michelle



Having boyfriend/girlfriend issues? Boss getting on your damn nerve? Send your questions to michelle[at]happygrrls.com and I will try to include it in the next installment of Ask Michelle.


Dear Michelle
I’ve been having a little problem with one of my best friends. He recently started dating someone a while ago and apparently has fallen head over heels for her. So much so that I haven’t heard from him in months. Even when I text him he never texts back. I am feeling a little hurt now. He totally ditched me for his new girlfriend. And no, I don’t have any feelings for him, and no I’m not jealous! Am I wrong to feel totally dissed? 
Signed, abandoned friend 

Dear abandoned friend
That’s good that your friend is in a new exciting relationship. How long has he been dating this girl? The reason that I ask is that when a relationship is new, you want to spend every waking moment with that person. Think back to when you were first dating someone. Didn’t you breathe and sleep that person? I’m not saying that what your friend did is right, but just cut him some slack. Give him a few weeks and if he totally blows you off, call him out on it. Let him know that you are his friend and you are happy for him, but you miss the friendship and he needs to treat you like a friend. Hopefully you can work together to meet in the middle and spend some time together. 

Let me know how it goes.  

 

Michelle
* image taken from www.lovejays.com

No comments: