Saturday, February 7, 2009

Single of the Week


My name is Michelle and I’m a Kelly Clarkson fan. Yes, I love the soulful chops of Lauryn Hill, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Mary J. Blige and even Keyshia Cole, but truth be told, I’m a HUGE Kelly Clarkson fan.

Since You’ve Been Gone, is probably one of my all time fave songs (Behind These Hazel Eyes is a close second), and the rest of her music library gets heavy rotation on my iPods.

I didn’t know much about her latest single, My Life Would Suck Without You until it was getting a lot of attention. It flew all the way up the billboard charts to number one, and I read tons of online articles saying that this song was a welcome surprise from her rather depressing cd, My December (BTW, I loved her single Never Again!)

I youtubed the song and thought it was alright. I didn’t find it too different from anything else that she has done. It was definitely a more positive and bubbly song than what we’re used to from her, but it was still acceptable.

I listened to it a few other times just to give it a fair chance, and then I came to this conclusion: it’s a pretty safe Kelly Clarkson track. It lacks the angry undertone that I love and identify with, but it’s otherwise an okay song. My rating 3 out of 5.


Let me know what you think, watch the video here.



Michelle

No comments: