Wednesday, July 10, 2013

App of the month: Duolingo




Wanna learn Spanish, German, Italian or even French but don’t have the funds or the time to enroll in a class? Then download the Duolingo app.

Duolingo is an awesomely interactive free app that allows you to learn the basics in a few languages.

I recently added it to my growing roster of apps because I’ve always wanted to master the Spanish language, and I'm also interested in picking up some Italian (pssst….I tutored an Italian couple in English last summer and my love for the language was born).

This app is one of my faves because it teaches you vocabulary (nouns, adjectives etc), grammar as well as the proper pronunciation (this app seriously gets bonus marks for having amazing audio content). Even though I have failed a few tests I love that I can easily go back and re-test myself.
 
The beauty of this app is that once you’ve completed the lessons for one language, you can simply move on to the next language. Isn’t that cool?!


Do you have this app? What do you think about it?

Michelle

No comments: